Black Pepper Powder is also known as kali mirch powder or kali miri powder. Black pepper comes from the pepper plant. It is a smooth woody vine that grow up to 33 feet in hot and humid tropical climates. ... Black peppercorns can be made by picking the pepper berries when they are half-ripe and just about to turn into red.
Black pepper is produced from the still-green, unripe drupe of the pepper plant. The drupes are cooked briefly in hot water, both to clean them and to prepare them for drying. The heat ruptures cell walls in the pepper, speeding the work of browning enzymes during drying.
- High in antioxidants. Free radicals are unstable molecules that can damage your cells.
- Has anti-inflammatory properties.
- May benefit your brain.
- May improve blood sugar control.
- May lower cholesterol levels.
- May have cancer-fighting properties.
- A versatile spice.
- Calories: 6.
- Protein: 0 grams.
- Fat: 0 grams.
- Carbohydrates: 1 gram.
- Fiber: 1 gram.
- Sugar: 0 gram.
- Cholesterol: 0 milligrams.
- Sodium: 0 milligrams.